Thursday 13 December 2012

A Bread a Day Week, Day Six - Apple and Oat Bread

There are some that have enough of this bread obsession:



But a friend gave us a bag of apples from their garden and I was sure that Dan Lepard had an apple and oat loaf.  The start was not looking that promising.  A cup of grated apple mixed with a a cup of porridge (real oat porridge)


But mixed in with a standard white dough it's not that extraordinary...



...until you try to turn it out...


...when it all got a bit messy...


...but it turned out...


...pretty well




4 comments:

  1. That sounds really good. I was a bit concerned about the cat though - I thought you were kneading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds nice...what did you eat it with??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything you would have with bread really, although it does go especially well with cheese!

      Delete
  3. So do you use a bread maker? I can't bake but I'm thinking maybe a bread maker may help. I'd love to be able to make something edible. I tried to make bread once but lets just say it wasn't edible lol. Literally ALL of your breads look amazing.

    Linda
    http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete