Saturday 25 August 2018

School Gardening

I have been helping out at a local school garden for a couple of seasons now.  I had hoped to launch a dedicated blog on the subject but this no longer seems practical.*  I will do a couple of posts here to describe some of the experiences we have had to date.

By way of introduction here is how the garden looked last year: 

Wildflower Garden

Gateway off Playground

Side on view

Brassicas and Salad Beds

Our Greenhouse

Cucurbits

Potatoes in Sacks

*Such a blog would best be run by the schoolchildren themselves as part of the curriculum.  The school does have a page devoted to the garden which has a calendar and some updates.  You can see this at the following link Garden Page .



2 comments:

  1. Have you seen my website The School Vegetable Patch? I haven’t done any work on it for a while but it still seems to get some visitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sue. It is exemplary and I recommend it to anyone running a school garden. http://www.theschoolvegetablepatch.co.uk/

      Delete