Wednesday 13 January 2021

Brioche Sans Tête

With the weather being horrible and the news horrible too I have been resorting to my form of 'cupboard love'.  First I made a batch of marmalade.  With one and a half kilos of fruit and 3k sugar I needed my largest saucepan.  Stored inside it I found my brioche tin, so had a go at that.  It rose well enough but the tête wobbled off to the side and was only just hanging by a thread by the end of baking time. (see second picture) 


Loosing the head




Hanging on!


This has happened before with brioche rolls which I posted about  here,  but the problem seems to have scaled up on this occasion.  Next time I am loading up the tin I will make the top ball smaller than the ones it sits on and squeeze it on as hard as I can!  Needless to say the taste was in no way affected.


 

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that's cute. Even the master breadmaker or baker has his troubles with bread sometimes. Gave me a well-needed smile. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. There's no better medicine.

      Delete
  2. Martyn’s been making brioche but not a fancy shaped one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The traditional tin was an extravagance of mine some years ago! Completely unnecessary!

      Delete
  3. Where's Your Head At? - Basement Jaxx 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha perfect! I was thinking "Can't Get it Out of my Head" ELO or "You Gotta Lose" Richard Hell and the Voidoids"...

      Delete
    2. 😁 I’ve never heard of Richard and his voidoids!!

      Delete
  4. It was a bit of a 1977 thing. He popularised the phrase Blank Generation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, marmalade - delicious. Your brioche sounds more sensible than my winter baking ... currently rather too much banana bread and chocolate brownies. What is it about low winter light that has us heading for carbs and sweet treats!

    ReplyDelete