Sunday 10 May 2015

Off With Their Heads - Brioches à tête


Our recent Sunday favourite has been Brioches à tête.  It involves a Saturday night mix up, an overnight proving in the fridge and then an early start on Sunday.  They taste fantastic straight out of the oven with a teaspoon of jam. This is how they are supposed to look:



The only problem is that the "tête" which was sitting atop the brioche before going into the oven has an unerring tendancy to slide off to the side during baking. The result is comical:



My daughter describes them as turtles... more hippopotomi I would say!




The flavour and texture are in no way compromised by my infantile herding games.

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha, that's given me a chuckle. They do look delicious though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you have designed a new type of bread

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Hippos. Well, I love them! I think they would appeal greatly to my granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking hippos to Mal!!

    ReplyDelete