Wednesday 4 March 2020

Now Even Greener!



I have started this year's sowings and need to label them religiously both to avoid confusion and to keep a record or the sowing dates for future reference.  In the past I have advocated recycling white plastic labels by covering them with smart tape before writing on them with indelible marker. At the end of the season the tape is removed and then renewed before reuse - see my previous post fantastic plastic.  It is a system that works as the label follows the crop from seedtray to pot to garden/allotment. The label remains legible throughout.  This year I have replaced the "smart" tape with paper masking tape so as to greentweek the system.  I feel confident it will work just as well but will road test it and report back.

There is a mountain of labels to be recycled, so I am glad to make the process greener!




4 comments:

  1. Does the tape stay of throughout the season despite the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plastic tape does. I will find out if the masking tape is as good by the end of this season!

      Delete
  2. I'm still trying to find a permanent marker. The weather usually cleans up our labels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Permanent laundry markers do the trick. There is a "Sharpie" brand marker which is widely available (and works).

      Delete