Saturday 19 December 2020

Christmas Bakes 1

 






It is time to dust off the recipe books for those seasonal treats. Ordinarily they would be snaffled up by visiting friends and family.  This year consumption is likely to be over a longer period with fewer mouths to feed!  I am starting with long shelf life items. These spiced biscuits are baked to a dry 'biscuit' consistency. They benefit from a freshly made up spice mix.  All over Europe the mix varies subtly.  I have gingered these up a bit more than the mix I  found on the net.



3 comments:

  1. You've hooked me. Now I want to try a homemade spice mix. I sometimes wonder if the lack of aroma is due to my aging or to the spice powder's aging. Now I shall find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I fancy one of those to dunk in my coffee right now!

    ReplyDelete