Sunday 26 February 2017

More In Hope Than Expectation

It's that time of year when you are fed up waiting for spring.  On Thursday I looked out anything from my seed collection that could possibly be sown in February and filled twelve small pots - as many as I could fit in two seed trays which themselves fit snugly in my propagator. Just a sprinkling of seed in each - let's see what happens! Said propagator is tucked out of the way in the coal cellar which has a power supply and a grow light ready for when the first sprouts appear.

Don't forget those labels



That was Thursday, on Friday the view of the Pentland Hills (just south of Edinburgh) suggested that I might have got a bit carried away:

The Pentland Hills

 My impatience seems to be shared judging by other gardening blogs.


Like Starting Over

2 comments:

  1. As long as you have some seeds left you can always sow another batch later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is it will be 6 weeks and then time to plant out and you will be ahead of the game.

    I have broad beans in and they are coming up nicely on the window sill. The tomatoes appeared today, hopefully by the time they go in the greenhouse the danger of frost will have passed.

    Currently Somerset is freezing and blowing a gale, not brilliant.

    ReplyDelete