Sunday 5 April 2020

Old Bag Sees Light of Day

Today I am following up my  3rd December post when I added a "compostable" bag to the compost bin.  It is now four months on (rather than three) so it is time to assess the breakdown.  Taking the trusty trowel in hand I started my forensic excavation. Here is what I found:







Now compare that with the pristine beginning:


To be honest I am not really impressed with compostability. I don't think these residents were very impressed either!











2 comments:

  1. Obviously it must be a long term ‘project’ are you revisiting from time to time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I have lost patience with it already: There is no problem with cardboard and paper decomposing. They have both been added to the heap at regular intervals.

      Planting potatoes at the plot today I came across a number of supposedly compostable teabags in the soil from years ago!

      Delete