Wednesday 8 May 2019

Cabin Fever - The Musical

 It's raining so I thought I might update a state of play review that I did about a month ago In-cold-storage.  The greenhouse is bulging with plants waiting to be liberated. The forecast for the next three nights is 3 degrees C so it would be foolhardy to plant out.

Stage Left

Stage Right

Balcony

Outside the greenhouse there are plenty seedlings that would just love to be inside.  I cover these with propagator lids each night at dusk and remove them each morning.

Terracing
There's no lids to spare and some of the overwintered plants just have to tough it out.

Stands

Despite the cold temperatures the recent rain has seen a surge in the slug and snail population.  They quickly home in on these runner beans (and some dahlias suffered too). Reluctantly I have applied a sprinkling of (Organic Approved) slug pellets under each tray.







2 comments:

  1. Same problem here with slugs and snails. They munched the leaves from some Zinnias and I've had to resow. Still haven't sown carrots or parsnips nor runner beans. I might be a bit behind but what I have sown isn't growing so I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit then have a mad sowing session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wanted rain and now it won’t stop but lots is drizzly just stay inside sort of rain.

    ReplyDelete